Wednesday, February 22, 2012

What a Week

So, I taught my first solo yoga class on Monday, and it was fabulous. Although I'm just a substitute, I so thoroughly enjoyed teaching the class. I have no idea why I wasn't doing this years ago. While I was teaching class, yoga was like my baby. When class was over I felt like I had given birth to a little miracle - and that miracle was me working out in front of a class without any makeup on while wearing tight pants. Me, this woman who hasn't really ever felt comfortable in her skin, standing in a room full of mirrors with all eyes on me. And it felt amazing. The next step is for me to box up that feeling and take it home with me so I can stop standing in front of my bathroom mirror taking notes of all my flaws.

Tuesday came and brought with it some good news in the mail: Dade is on the Honor Roll and the Character Honor Roll for the semester. So, my bragging about my good kids can continue in earnest.

Today is Wednesday, and I got to help out a friend. Her sons couldn't go to daycare because one has a fever, so I am watching them for the day. I had to miss yoga, but I got to earn some extra money and Soren got to have some playmates for the day. Plus, since I am blessed enough to be able to be a stay at home mom, I figure I owe it to working parents to help them out. And the extra money I earned today will get Colby and I a delicious sushi meal later in the week. It all works out in the end.

Well, blog friends, I'd say this week has been pretty good, and it's only Wednesday. Parent-teacher conferences are tomorrow, so we'll see if the streak continues.

No comments: