Monday, March 19, 2012

Women, Get Ready to Go Bat Shit Crazy

What's not to love about a feminist rant? I rant to myself all the time (since ranting to Colby just gets me this response, "I agree with everything you're saying"). Whilst trolling one of my favorite news websites, I found this lovely feminist rant. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Reproductive rights are vital to women being seen as human, as valued, and as equal. If the government or our employers or our spouses can control our reproductive systems, we are nothing more than property. Our value is lost. Women are so much more than mothers. Sure, it's the most important job a woman will ever have once she has a child, but being a mother isn't the only thing a woman can do. Why is it that we can so easily separate men from their role as fathers? Meanwhile, mainstream politicians think it's okay to force a woman to have a vaginal probe (literally the government raping a woman). They think it's just fine to use religion go persecute rape victims or unmarried women or women who just aren't ready to have a child. It's SICK.

Ladies, you should all be raising hell. Right now. Really loud. No matter how you feel about abortion. No matter how you feel about premarital sex. What matters is this: you cannot let the government tell you who controls your uterus. Your religion belongs to you. My body belongs to me. My body belongs to ME.

And then there's this: women paying more for health care in many states. Hmmmmm. Women can, apparently, be charged more for having lady parts, but we can't be trusted to make the best decisions regarding them. Funny.

No comments: