Thursday, January 17, 2013

Brody's First Concert

My mouthy boy puts his mouth to good work as a member of the school choir. He really loves to sing, and I am really impressed that he joined the choir. Most of the boys he hangs out with see choir and band as things that nerds do, but Brody pursues his passion anyway. One of Brody's best friends told me that the reason he isn't in orchestra is because he doesn't want to, "damage my reputation." They're 4th graders. I guess the peer labels start early.

The Winter concert at the elementary school featured the choir, orchestra, and band. Brody performed in the orchestra first as one of only two violas. He did an AWESOME job!! They played songs with both plucking and bowing (?). The orchestra teacher chose really good songs for the kids, and this group performed much better than the orchestras I heard when Dade was in elementary school.


The choir sang a collection of "Nebraska" songs because the choir director/music teacher is the announcer for the UNL Cornhusker marching band Go Big Red!

Of course, the audience gets a little antsy, so we have to keep ourselves occupied.

No comments: