Sunday, January 13, 2013

Give Me That Smile!

The smile is back! My smile, the one I thought I lost in September. The smile that took a little hiatus during Colby's unemployment. It's still here, and it's as beautiful as ever!

Colby starts his first full day at his new job tomorrow. I could go on about how difficult and stressful the last three and a half months have been. However, I've come through a rough patch with a clear and optimistic point of view. Tomorrow is the first day of a new life for us, a life that will continue to be blessed. We will continue our life in our little house with our pets and our garden and our fabulous neighbors and friends. We can make plans for our future. We can start picking out what we'll plant in our summer garden and how we'll fit chickens into our little yard. Chickens!?! As my friend Sassafras Mama says, "That's happy."

We celebrated Colby's new job with a trip to one of our favorite restaurants, Brix & Stone Gastropub. How I missed going out with our friends!! We've got our happy back, and hopefully it's here to stay.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Mucho Congratulations......glad to see that smile!