Sunday, January 11, 2015

How's It Going?

So, we're a little more than a week into our Best Me challenge.  I am entering all my food and exercise into My Fitness Pal.  I have drastically cut down the amount of added sugar I am eating, but I am still sweetening my coffee.  I'm not eating bread or tortillas or other foods loaded with white flour right now.  So, I have the healthy eating thing down pretty well.

What do I need to improve??  I need to drink more water.  I have been drinking lots of green tea, but I am still only drinking about 5 glasses of water a day.  I'd like that to be more like 10.

I also need to add more cardiovascular exercise.  I don't like it.  I don't.  I hate running.  I hate cycling.  Zumba classes are taught at the same time that I am teaching yoga.  Excuses, excuses.  I am going to add one day of work on the elliptical or a group fitness class to my week.  It will be tough, but I am committed.

I had a cheat day for my son's birthday party last night, but I'm back on track today.  It takes a lot to fall off the wagon and then get right back on, so I'm definitely giving myself a pat on the back for that.

Beyond the food and exercise commitments, I've even been spending more time with face-to-face contact with friends.  I even had a yoga date with friends on Friday night, combining two of my favorite things!  I also sent a few encouraging texts to those I couldn't see in person this week.

What are you struggling with?  How are you succeeding?  I've already heard from some of you about how this challenge as influenced your choices and how some of you have fallen off the wagon.  Let's take this opportunity to be proud of our accomplishments this week.  Let's also take some time to reflect on what we need to improve and develop a plan of action.

If there's anything I can personally do to make your challenge more successful please let me know.  Part of being the Best Me is asking for help when needed and offering help when asked.

1 comment:

Vicki Coffin said...

I find this blog very helpful. Hearing your trials helps me to not feel so overwhelmed. I have always been a big water drinker but have slacked off over the last few months and need to get back on track for that as well. I celebrate the little successes which will lead to the bigger ones! Thank you!