Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas With the Siebrandts

On Sunday the roads were finally clear enough to head back to Lincoln. After four nights at Colby's parents we were ready to go home. They were gracious and wonderful hosts, but I wouldn't blame them for wanting to see us gone. Seriously, four kids are always hungry, always messy, and always talking. It made for an interesting 4 days of seclusion.



We headed over the river and through the woods to Seward to my dad and stepmom's house through white and drifted snow. Oh. The highways were actually quite clear thanks to the men and women of the Nebraska department of roads. I can't imagine what kind of crappy holiday they all had.



At the Siebrandt home we ate a lovely meal, had some pie with our Cool Whip, played Rock Band, and opened gifts. I got Uggs boots (YAY!!) which I decided I could now have since my feet are done growing. The kids wanted to stay overnight with their aunts and uncles, but after days of no naps and late nights we thought it best they come home. Plus, both girls have colds again. Evelyn crashed on the 20 minute ride home.



So thus ends our holiday adventure. We braved bad weather, in-laws, and the worst apple pie ever (not yours Julie), but we made it home safe with all but one of our gifts crammed into the Vescapades van. Next year perhaps we could have a little less snow, but I don't think we could have any more fun. We love all of you out there in the Vescapades family!

And Dad, no I'm not going to call you. Just read my blog and stop saying that if I really wanted to tell you something I'd just call you. That's the whole purpose of the damn blog, Dad! Welcome to the 2000's, duh.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

It sounds is if y'all have had an extended-dance-mix set of holiday celebrations. Hope you're all fired up for Back-to-School tomorrow. We're in mourning at our house.