Friday, December 11, 2009

Trivial Pursuit

I'm not one to play many card games or board games simply because I do not like to lose. I am, in fact, a very sore loser and have been known to throw things and cry. For real. Pretty much the only board game I play is Trivial Pursuit, and Colby and I make a it point to play at least twice a week in the winter. Last night our friend Cody came over for supper. He made strawberry shortcake Paula Deen style which almost put me into a diabetic coma. Evie had two helpings, and I'm not sure how she did.

I digress. After dessert the boys went off to play, and the grown ups started a game of Trivial Pursuit with a little help from our little girl cheerleaders. Unfortunately, Cody is not only a good friend but he is really good at Trivial Pursuit. He came into my house, MY HOUSE, and beat me at Trivial Pursuit. It really came down to the wire though, as all three of us had all the pieces of pie and were just waiting to get to the middle to strike the winning blow. Cody was just lucky enough to be the winner. REMATCH! REMATCH! REMATCH!

No comments: