Monday, January 25, 2010

First Week of Healthy Body Challenge

The first week of my healthy body challenge went very well, although I must admit an overwhelming craving for chocolate truffles and Runza. The only meat I ate all week was smoked salmon and a bite of turkey breast. I ate tons of beans and avocados instead. (Caution: the next few lines may be TMI) Despite a bean-laden diet, I am not the gas machine I was when I consumed mass quantities of artificial sweetener.

I weighed myself this morning, and the scale was kind: 172.2 which is almost 3 lbs less than last Wednesday. Our body weight can change by a few pounds throughout the day, but I'm taking this as a small victory and a large encouragement.

In the long term, I think my biggest struggle will be my overwhelming urge to snack while home all day. Another problem: a husband who both eats whatever he wants and tells me to do the same even though he knows I'm trying to change my eating habits. I'm happy that he thinks I'm beautiful and perfect, but I'm not healthy. I sincerely wish he would lose some weight. He can't continue to eat so unhealthy and not exercise. We need him around to bring home the bacon (or not, since we're dieting and all).

No comments: