Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year

The best part about New Year's Eve 2009? Colby wasn't in Ohio. Instead, he was here with our houseful of friends and family. I am so grateful for everyone who came to our home to celebrate with us. If anything, we are blessed with fabulous friends and family who gathered at our little house to celebrate the new year. We all have hopes for the new year. Some of us need jobs. Some of us want another baby. Some of us hate our jobs. Some of us want a bigger house. Some of us wouldn't change a thing. We all came together to celebrate what 2010 might bring and what will hopefully stay away.

At midnight the older kids toasted 2010 while the little kids were already snuggled in their beds. The grown-ups drank champagne and kissed our sweethearts, all of us actually being high school sweethearts still together after all these years.



I have only one expectation for 2010: continuing to be the wife and mother my family deserves no matter what. No matter whether I lose those 20 pounds or not. No matter if we actually get new siding on the house. No matter that my son will be taller than me by 2011. My resolution is always the same: be here for the people I love and the ones who love me.

No comments: