Thursday, January 14, 2010

Happy 7th Birthday, Brody!


Today my baby boy turns seven. As I type this, I am remembering what I was doing at 9:41 am seven years ago: waiting in a hospital room for the doctor to break my water. The birth of my second son (the name Brody actually means "second son" in Scottish) was amazing. He was a beautiful little 8 lb 3 oz gift. We noticed his personality right away from birth: he ate all the time and complained a lot. Not much has changed. He's famously a "glass half empty" pessimist who can find something wrong with anything and everything. But that's what makes him Brody. In honor of my Brody's birthday, I'd like to share a few of his famous quotes that are oh so very Brody.

"If I had known we were gonna turn, I wouldn't have come on this walk."

"Yeah, because of Dade!" or "Dade made me (fill in the blank) and I hurt my (fill in the blank)"

"If I had a million dollars I'd build a house, but mom would still have to clean it."

"Mom, you don't have a job. You just do laundry and stuff."

"I am NOT eating that. That must be homemade. Look at it, Dade!"

As Colby and I exchange hello kisses, "Awwwwwww god! Not in front of the kids!"

I love you so much Brody!! And, yes, someday you will kiss a girl. And you will probably like it.

No comments: