Monday, September 20, 2010

Just Another Manic Monday

As if I needed just a few more things on my plate, Brody was elected by his class to student council. As such, I drive him to school at 8:10 am, turn around and come home, and then drive Evelyn back to school around 8:45 am. I'm glad that he was elected, but I am not looking forward to two trips to school every Monday, especially when it is snowing.

After dropping Evie off, Soren and I headed to the Y for a workout. I was going to take her swimming, but she didn't want to. Very, very strange. Last Friday when we went swimming, there were some disabled adults there with their caretakers. I understand that mentally and physically disabled people can seem strange and scary to young children, and I think the experience may have scared Soren away from the pool. I will try again on Wednesday, and we'll see of she agrees to go swimming. Either way, I signed her up for swimming lessons in October, so she'll have to get back in the pool sometime.

I also have bowling tonight. Last week's season opener was cancelled because one quarter of Lincoln, including the bowling alley, was without power due to a storm. Tonight is Spare Me's fall debut with their newest team member: yours truly.

Mondays are now the beginning of the evermore hectic week for the Vescapades family. Our only day off from the craziness is Sunday. Hey, at least shorts weather is almost over so I can stop shaving my legs all the time. That extra 10 minutes a day is priceless.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

And I thought my day was busy.

Congrats to the politician, by the way.