Friday, November 12, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie

My husband loves pot pie. My children do not. In fact, my children are rarely excited about what I make for supper mainly because it isn't "out to eat." I have long since given up trying to please them and have focused more on pleasing my not-so-picky husband. Pretty much the only things he won't eat: anything "curry" or sloppy joe's.

So, with two homemade pie crusts stashed in the freezer, I decided to whip up a pot pie. I followed a recipe from allrecipes.com called Chicken Pot Pie IX. I made a few substitutions, but I think most cooks who read this recipe will know where to tweak.

Using homemade pie crust is yummy, but it makes a much bigger mess than frozen pre-made crust.

All the yummy veggies and chicken chopped, boiled, and ready for the sauce.

And now the sauce is ready for the veggies.

It's not the prettiest girl at the prom...

But looks can be deceiving. Yum!!

No comments: