Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving in Seward

As usual, we spent Thanksgiving day at my dad's house in Seward. My step-mom's recently widowed mother joined us for the festivities. We supplied a big-ass ham courtesy of the endless supply of hams, bacon, sausage, and hot dogs from Colby's work. We also brought from-scratch green bean casserole, cauliflower and goat cheese gratin, and broccoli cheese rice. I made Oreo cookie bark for dessert which sat beside pecan, pumpkin, cherry, apple, and cheesecake pies.

My kids stayed the night at grandma's house so that Colby, my brother Alex, my sister Emily, and I could go Black Friday shopping the next morning. I think this exchange of kids will become our new Thanksgiving tradition.

This Thanksgiving leaves me with such a grand list of things for which I am thankful. My family is beautiful, happy, healthy, and together. My life has been blessed by so many friends this year, more lovely women than I could ever have hoped to know. Our life here in Lincoln has become a familiar routine of school, trips to the YMCA, activities, outings with friends, and the occasional night out away from the kids. I realized that the only things I don't have this year are a big house, a new car, beach vacations, and expensive clothes. I'd say my life is pretty awesome when that's all I'm lacking.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Blessed indeed!