Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Crying Game

I have never before faced the challenge of a child who flat-out refuses to attend and cries uncontrollably about swimming lessons...until now. Soren passed her last session of swimming lessons but for some reason is now absolutely refusing to participate. Her only explanation is that she doesn't want any boys in her class. Huh?? It's surprising and embarrassing. Today she even cried while at the YMCA daycare, something she has never done before.

I am at my wit's end and don't know what to do. I tried to bribe her with a pack of gum. I tried to threaten her with the wrath of Daddy. I tried to be supportive, all to no avail.

So, I am calling this a phase and am hoping Soren will grow out of it. Until then, no more swimming lessons.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I'd let it rest for a bit.....but did something happen? Some scary boy? Or just a phase? Peculiar, indeed.