Friday, March 18, 2011

Circus!

This year Soren got two chances to go to the Shriner's Circus: we went on Friday with our friends A & R and their two kiddos, and then Colby took all the kids plus his brother, nephew, and dad to the show on Saturday. Colby got a ton of free tickets thanks to his Shriner friends. For some reason, Colby is a Shriner groupie...perhaps because they meet every Wednesday afternoon to drink beer as part of their shrine activities.

I notoriously hate all things circus, zoo, or Children's Museum. I know, I'm a terrible parent. Friday's show was made more bearable by the presence of my grown-up friends.

We had to make a stop at Runza before the circus so we could eat. Of course, Soren got a burger and an Icee. I was stuck with a grilled chicken sandwich, a salad, and an iced tea. Booooo for good food choices.



A & R's kids had never eaten cotton candy and refused to try the bites Soren offered. What the heck?? Soren ate plenty all on her own and was then covered in a thick layer of dried slobber/sugar. You can see little Lulu in the background of one of the photos in the "cotton candy series". She's such a doll.







I only got one shot from Saturday's circus adventure, mainly because I didn't attend the show. Here's our van load of kids headed to supper at Cici's Pizza with grandma and grandpa and Aunt Carrie:

No comments: