Saturday, March 26, 2011

Cookie Dough Cupcakes

Have you ever felt the need to eat a treat that's both a cookie and a cupcake? I have. The girls and I embarked on our quest for cookie/cupcake goodness with a recipe for chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes.

First we made a cookie dough, rolled the dough into a bunch of little balls, and placed them in the freezer for 3 hours.



Then I whipped up a homemade yellow cake recipe. We placed a little cookie ball on the top of each cupcake before we popped them in the oven.



Once they were cooled off, I made some chocolate frosting. Evelyn was ready to decorate, and Colby was "happy" to help. Can't you tell by the look on his face?



The cupcakes were yummy, but I definitely saw room for improvement. We'll certainly be making them again. Maybe we could finally use up all those Christmas-themed cupcake wrappers.

1 comment:

carrie said...

They look AMAZING Col!! Can't wait to try some and help make more for my graduation:)