Friday, September 30, 2011

Happy 34th Birthday, Colby!!!


We have a lot of birthdays clustered around the end of September and the beginning of October in our family. That means lots of parties, presents, and restaurant-cooked meals.

Per family tradition, Colby picked a restaurant for his birthday supper, and he chose Shogun. It's one of those places where they cook the food right in front of you. Right off the bat our chef lit a puddle of oil aflame on the grill sending Brody running away from the table. Brody ran away from the table again before the onion ring volcano. I knew he was a chicken, but I didn't know his chicken ran so deep. The rest of us had a great time watching the show. I tried a new sushi roll, and I think it might be my new favorite. We won't be going back anytime soon because, unfortunately, it cost us nearly $130 with tip to eat. That's my electricity bill right there.

My hubby has one more year before he's closer to 40 than he is to 30; one more year in his early thirties before he's officially in his mid thirties. Now, if only I could convince him that he's not 17...

No comments: