Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Be Careful What You Wish For

Remember a few posts ago when I longed for an inspiring Republican presidential candidate? When I bemoaned Mitt Romney for being rich and arrogant and flippy-floppy? Remember when I wanted someone to outshine Romney and be something special?

I take it all back.

Ladies and gentlemen, Newt Gingrich is not the person of which I was speaking. For the love of all that is holy, let that man go back to the hole in the wall he crawled into after being shamed out of politics. I certainly want Barack Obama to be re-elected. I definitely think he's the man for the job - especially when who the Republicans bring to the table are people I wouldn't have dinner with much less vote for. However, I want Americans - all Americans- to have a choice when they vote. I don't want that choice to be which candidate sucks less ass than the other (or which candidate ISN'T Obama).

Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I still believe in love. I still believe that there's someone out there for everyone. That soul mate. That "one" person who even though they piss you off so badly at times, you understand his/her flaws and find a way to overcome them.

Newt Gingrich is not the one. Dear god, he is soooooo not the one.

No comments: