Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy 80th Birthday, Grandma!


Here's me with the birthday girl at her party. Eighty years and still going strong! My aunt who lives on a lake near Papillion hosted a shindig at her house. It was an awesome day to get everyone out on the water and to see cousins I haven't seen in ages.

The girls went straight to the lake despite the fact that I thought the water was freezing!




I managed to get only one photo of either of the boys.  They were quickly off playing with the other kids their ages.  Most of the kids are boys, thus leaving my girls to hang out with my teenaged sisters.  The boys, however, managed to spend the entire day fighting, dunking each other, and having all sorts of boy fun.  Here's a shot of Dade and my brother (they are the same age):




I remembered to take a few shots of myself with some of my favorite people in the world...



A year ago at this time I was dipping my feet in the ocean and feeling the beach sand between my toes.  This year I had to settle for dipping my feet in a man-made lake, but I wore the same beach dress just to make it feel a little more oceany.  Next year, Sassafras Mama, we are coming back!!


No comments: