Saturday, June 2, 2012

Shower, Shower, Gender Blender

How many wedding showers could we fit into one weekend?  Well, we squeezed in two, plus a bachelor/bachelorette party.  Then, we added in a puking kid, and a midnight trip home from Norfolk.  Wowza.
My sister-in-law ties the knot on June 30th, and I am the Matron of Honor.  The first of the two showers was a "family shower" traditionally planned and put on by all the aunts.  I had one of these showers about 14 years ago.  Here's a photo from my "family" shower of Colby's mom, me, my mom, and my step mom:


I must say, I look way better now than I did 14 years ago.  Seriously.  I'm a hottie now. 

 

Here's a shot of me and Evelyn, two of the cutest girls ever:



And here's me with the bride, Colby's "little" sister, Carrie:


The second of the two showers was a "friends" shower thrown by me and the other bridesmaids.  We played some fun games, drank mimosas, and ate yummy snacks.  Here's a snapshot of me and Carrie.  I hope she liked the crown, sash, and pink veil.  What's a bridal shower without a little swag for the bride?



The theme for the friends shower was lingerie, and the bride sure got a lot of sexy little items: nighties, bras, and "underwear" made up of a little triangle of fabric and some string.  I'm pretty sure some of those undies would get lost and never found in my ass crack.  I know her groom will be excited for his fashion show!

We finished up the night throwing a combined bachelor/bachelorette party, aka  gender blender. There was food, booze, and yard games.  Here we are, cute as can be:  



Colby and I put our kids to bed in the house while all the "youngsters" headed out on the party bus to bar hop.  I'm way too old for that nonsense, but I'm glad the group had fun!

Around 11pm, Evelyn puked up about five gallons of soda and cake balls and baked beans.  Awesome.  So, we quickly loaded the van, left Grandma to clean up the vomit, and headed back to Lincoln.  I'm sure there was lots more vomiting being done in that house later in the night (many of the gender blender attendees crashed at my in-law's house), but Evelyn only barfed one more time in the van.  Thank heavens. 

All the pre-wedding stuff is done, and we'll head back to Norfolk later in the month for the wedding!  Who's ready to get fancied up and dance the night away??!

No comments: