Thursday, November 1, 2012

A Month of Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving Day comes once a year, but gratitude should never go away.  I've learned through struggle that being thankful for even the smallest gifts makes life not only more tolerable but more enjoyable.  For the month of November I will be writing a post of daily gratitude, and I will also be focusing my yoga classes on thanksgiving meditations.

This first day of November leaves me thankful for coffee.  Coffee?? Yes, coffee.  It is the center of many amazing moments in my life: "dates" with my friends, mornings with my husband, and productive late nights getting done all the chores needed to keep us going.

October was a month of struggle, depression, tears, and anxiety.  However, there were also many days spent sitting around a kitchen table or a Starbucks table or on a friend's sofa sipping coffee.  Sometimes I was crying; sometimes she was crying.  Most of the time we were, whomever the "we" was, happy to be enjoying some time as friends.  Heck, I even have a friend who works for Starbucks who brought me lattes on her way home from work.  It's a small gesture that meant so much to me during a time that was (and continues to be) stressful.


No comments: