Friday, November 23, 2012

Kitten Kapers

Oh, to be a kitten.  Spending most of the day sleeping, only waking up to eat or lick or play or drink from the fish bowl.  No responsibilities like the dogs have: no barking at strangers, no cleaning up the after-meal mess on the floor (although they'll help), no chasing away rabbits and squirrels and snakes. 

Being a kitten can be lots of fun.  They make a game of tripping me down the steps.  They make sure I am never alone in the laundry room, kitchen, or crapper.  When I had the stomach flu on Thanksgiving Day, the kittens never left my side in bed.  And, my goodness, the mischief they find:

Sheldon resting in our bags hanging on the banister.

Sheldon resting in a toy box.

And, of course, Sheldon resting in a box.
Penny has her share of adventures, too:

Penny was very interested in our Halloween craft.

Penny climbing the Christmas tree for the first of many times.
Having a kitten is like having a toddler that you can spray with a squirt gun when it's naughty.  We do love our kittens, though, and I think they maybe like us a little bit, too. 

No comments: