Saturday, November 24, 2012

I Am Thankful for Girl Scouts

Even with all the turmoil and all the tasks I have to complete in a week, I like getting together on Tuesday nights with my Girl Scouts.  I want the girls in my troops to grow up appreciating their importance in the community.  I want them to see that even little girls can make a difference and realize that if a kid can make an impact grown-ups have no excuse not to do the same.  I want them to have memorable experiences, make lasting friendships, and learn life lessons.
I took my Brownie troop (Evie's troop of 2nd graders) to Duncan Aviation for a tour of the airplane hangers and a plan. They earned an aviation patch and had fun along the way.
These are our two Daisy tagalongs, Soren and her friend, who each have big sisters in the Brownie troop:
Here is the whole troop of girls in one of the hangars:
Soren got to see what the pilot sees:
Evelyn after her plane tour:
This is one proud Scout mama!
As Dade said after attending a Girl Scout meeting with me, it's kind of "like herding cats." Yes, it can be! I am thankful for the opportunity to be a good role model for the next generation of girls, and I hope that they see each other as the amazing girls they are...and the amazing women they can become!!

No comments: