Sunday, July 12, 2009

Home from Norfolk



We arrived home from Norfolk this evening with a van full of kids, dogs, and clothes. The trip was uneventful, thank goodness, and Soren didn't even cry. We had a lovely visit with Colby's family. Saturday night Colby and I actually got to go out on a date without any kids!!! We went with our friends Sara and Travis to a few Mexican restaurants to eat tamales and fried ice cream and drink margaritas. I wish we had been in Lincoln so we could've had a little more selection in our date destinations, but I am certainly not going to complain. I wore a cute dress in which I felt very exposed, but I'm really trying to make the effort to be more satisfied with my appearance. The photos are from the night I bought the dress and are my attempt to see how fat I really look. I decided I didn't look so bad and tore the tags off. Nothing like tearing off tags to cement one's relationship to one's clothes. My husband really liked the dress and repeatedly attempted to look down my top and started sweating every time leg past my knee was exposed. He really knows how to make a girl feel good. (sarcasm dripping)

A big shout out to Colby's parents and sister for taking care of my kiddos. They did just about every activity under the sun: fishing, swimming in the pool and lake, parks, bowling, bumper boats, fireworks, shopping, trip to the trout farm, horseback riding, junk food eating, and more. I'm not joking when I say Dade gained at least 5lbs. during his visit.

On our way home we stopped by my friend Amanda's house to see her newborn Pug puppies and pick up seven, yes SEVEN, large trash bags full of clothes for Evie. The puppies are adorable and the clothes are already sorted. I now have about 100 loads of laundry to do, so I suppose I had better get to work.

No comments: