Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Park Man


I must talk a little bit about my across the street neighbor T. T and his wife have lived in their home since it was built about 12 years ago. Needless to say, T is a perfectionist when it comes to his yard and garage. I've never seen the inside of their house, but I would imagine it's immaculate. The following are things I find a little over the top when it comes to yard management:

1- Spraying off every single inch of sidewalk, driveway, and landscaping brick daily to make sure not a speck of errant grass or ant hill remains.

2- Taking scissors to the grass if you miss even the smallest area with the lawn mower or trimmer.

3- Cleaning your lawn mower every time you mow because apparently it won't run next time if you leave a blade of grass on it.

4- Playing fake frog croaking noises on your backyard patio to make it a little more "natural."

Okay, so I really shouldn't complain about T. He's a great neighbor. A little shy, but maybe we scare him. For god's sake, T's next door neighbor has a plastic snowman in their front yard which has been there since we moved in nearly 2 years ago. It could be worse. I've told Colby and other neighbors that T must not like his wife because he's always working in the yard. Always. I think I must also add that T's garage is probably more decorated than my house. Inside you will find wall paper, wainscoting, and little ships sitting on pretty wooden shelves. My other neighbor J calls T "The Park Man" because his yard is so perfect. With all the budget cuts here in Lincoln, I doubt even the parks look as nice as his yard. Props to T for keeping his yard so nice, even at the expense of his reputation of sanity amongst his neighbors.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Please tell me that he mows his yard in a pattern. When I lived in Nebraska, that was a very big deal with lawn-obsessed men of a certain age.

Maybe Mrs. T is allowed to walk on the grass?