Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Day at the Pumpkin Patch


When we went to Norfolk this weekend to pick up our inherited van, the boys stayed in Lincoln/Seward with friends. It was a quiet trip with just me, Colby, and the girls. Oh, and the dogs, of course. Colby and I actually had lots of free time because his parents and sister took the girls to a wedding with them on Saturday. Evie insisted on going to the reception so she could eat cake. The girls had a great time dancing, but Soren would rather haved braved the bathroom with Grandpa than stay and dance with Jacob. Colby and I spent a whole hour taking in all the shopping Norfolk has to offer.

On Sunday morning, Carrie and Jacob took the girls to Poppy's Pumpkin Patch. Soren nearly died after Jake tried to put her in the carseat. A candy intervention was required to calm her down. I'm not sure why she doesn't like Jacob, but Evelyn doesn't seem to mind him. Once they got to the pumpkin patch all was well. The girls got to feed, pet, and get head-butted by goats. They went on the giant slide, walked through the trees, and got their faces painted.






Colby drove our new van back to Lincoln, stink and all. It's still stinky despite the ozone treatment and thorough cleaning by the auto detailer. Mmmmm, the smell of rotting mice in an enclosed vehicle. I drove the old van home with the girls and the dogs. But no stink. It's really a lovely van, but I hope we can get the smell out or it will be like that Seinfeld episode with Jerry's stinky car. . .

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I like the new colors.

And may I just say the idea of Norfolk's retail opportunities had me laughing out loud. JT and I are headed to the mall tomorrow (he needs shoes) and I'll not lie.....I won't miss Norfolk even a speck.