Friday, October 23, 2009

Monday Night Football



The lights. The bleachers. The concession stand. I had forgotten how much fun a high school football game can be, even if it is just the j.v. team. My brother Alex who will soon be 16, played his last j.v. football game of the season on Monday night. Being the fabulously embarrassing big sister that I am, I enlisted the help of my little sisters to make a sign to hold up at Alex's game.

In the photo, you can see my dad in the upper left corner, my friend Sara in the red sweatshirt texting on her phone, my sister Corrin next to the word 'you', and my handsome hubby directly behind me trying to pretend we're not related.

My family knows that I have a very high threshold for embarrassment. Actually, there isn't much that's out of bounds for me, and I tend to be pretty outgoing. So, here I was at the football game leading cheers, holding up a sign, and yelling stuff at Alex while he played. My friend Sara came to the game with us, but she's fully aware of my inability to be quiet and subdued.

The Seward Blue jays didn't win that game, but I think everyone that attended is a little better off knowing that you don't have to be quiet at a football game.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Friday night football is something that I still miss. Our school isn't big enough to have a team and we attend all sorts of other games but I'd love a Friday night in the bleachers.

I'm glad that you showed everybody how it's done!