Monday, October 19, 2009

MRI Day

For the last few months I've had tingling in my hands and feet, some lightheadedness, and back and neck pain. Since I have a family history of MS, I thought I should have this checked out. My family doctor didn't find any symptoms of MS when I went in for a visit, but he said that I would never be able to put that to rest until I had an MRI. So today I had my very first MRI. The MRI itself was easy, but the iv injection of the contrast dye was hell on earth for me, the biggest needle wuss on the planet.

Despite all my worries, it turns out I don't have MS. The MRI was "unremarkable" according to the radiologist and my doctor. I do have a cyst somewhere in there which the doc said is very common and shouldn't ever be a problem. With my mind at ease, I now move on to try to find another explanation. My doctor suggested a vitamin imbalance, dehydration, carpal tunnel, and some other nerve issues (maybe pinched nerve in my back or neck). We just have to find out which one. My next stop will probably be the chiropractor to see if I can get my messed up back fixed.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Golly, it's nice to unremarkable. Hope you figure it out soon.