Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Update: Healthy Body Challenge

It has been a couple of weeks since I started my commitment to myself. We have joined the YMCA, and I have gone three times since we joined last week. I am very proud of myself for driving the 15 minutes to the YMCA in the freezing cold. The placement of my house in proximity to, well, anything, has been a hurdle in my desire to go anywhere. Living in the suburbs, though safe and quiet, limits my ability to make a "quick trip" anywhere.

My commitment to healthier eating is actually getting really annoying. I have to cook two meals, one for Colby and the kids and one for me. I miss meat loaf. I miss bacon. Turkey bacon, despite its name, isn't bacon. I miss bars of dark chocolate. I miss Ranch dressing from the bottle. I REALLY miss corn dog nuggets (because I'm 5 years old, I guess). I know all things can be had in moderation, but I am not a moderate person. I am a eat the whole bag person.

It's not all bad. I've rediscovered a childhood love of sherbet. And I can still drink coffee. There's always Laughing Cow cheese and veggie burgers. You can all stop drooling now.

The good news is that I am down to 171.6 lbs without starving myself or sweating too much. The 160s are in sight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go !! You sound like you are doing what you need to , for you to lose. Congrats on figuring that out. Just came across your blog .
B.