Monday, June 28, 2010

Bowling Lake

After telling the kids we would go fishing yesterday, the day got away from us and we never made it. I promised them I would take them this morning, and I followed through. The morning was hot and muggy already. I packed bug repellents and water bottles while Dade packed the fishing gear, and off we went, me and six kids.


The little kids checked out grasshoppers.


Brody found a snail shell (and actually let me take his photo).


Evelyn had to do her Top Model pose, of course. We can't just have a regular photo, heaven forbid.



There was fishing fun to be had by all thanks to Dade. He made sure we had worms (from his very own worm farm,) rods, and tackle. He put on all the bait and took off all the fish.



The geese and ducks were swimming, the frogs were croaking, and the thistles were blooming. Dade was disappointed that we didn't catch more fish, but I guess not catching fish is part of being a fisherman.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I have to say that I am impressed at the way you just hit the road with 6 kids in tow, as if that's not a big damn deal. That's impressive. And if you're still sane, it's even more impressive!