Wednesday, June 16, 2010

So Far the Basement is. . . The Same

With Colby is Kansas City since Sunday night, not much has gotten done around here. Wait, scratch that. Lots of things have gotten done: laundry, meal preparation, cleaning up, etc.

Yesterday I took the kids to Bowling Lake, and Dade caught fish while the little kids and I poked sticks in the water and watched frogs. After lunch and a short nap time for Reese, we all (me and 6 kids) headed to the YMCA to swim for an hour. Dade proceeded to lose his glasses while we were there (the lifeguard found them for us), and I proceeded to lose my sanity (the lifeguard didn't find it and neither did I). After Runza for supper (hell no, I wasn't going to cook), we came home and went for a long bike ride/tricycle push with the dogs. Of course, my plans to put everyone to bed early (remember, no naps) were thwarted by the neighbor kids who wanted to play. The kids were in bed by 9:30 pm, the Lakers beat the Celtics (holla!), and I ate half a pan of cherry crisp.

Today was story time, and everyone was really good (until Reese got mad and kicked me.) I am typing this as four kids nap and two fight over who gets to be player one on the Indiana Jones game. Apparantly, Brody wins because Dade is a "super stupid idiot." Is there some other kind of idiot?? Side note: generally mouths are vinegared for such smack talk, but the boys are presently taking advantage of my huge case of the fuck its.

Tomorrow. . . new fridge, baby! Desk is on back order and will be here next week.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Wow, to characterize this as not much getting done.....I feel like a total slacker now.