Sunday, June 13, 2010

Evelyn's First Dance Recital


"Look how she lights up the sky!" So begins the song Evangeline, the song my little ballerina danced to at her recital today. As soon as I saw Evie on stage in her little tutu and heard those lyrics, my eyes began to tear and a huge smile appeared on my face. I didn't take photos during the recital, so these photos are from rehearsal. It doesn't matter. She was stunning during both.


While waiting for their turn to take the stage at both rehearsal and recital, all the little dancers from Evie's class played with Evie's Littlest Pet Shop toys and another girl's My Little Pony toys. It was all pure girlishness at its finest.

For tap dance, Evie and her class danced to Teacher's Pet while holding apples. I don't know if Evie is the teacher's pet, but she sure is Mommy's.


Colby's family joined us for the recital, as did my mom and step dad, despite the flooded roads. Thanks to Connie for yummy lunch and to JR for the awesome supper at Lazlo's. Brody also had a baseball game, so we had a pretty busy Sunday. I will bid my husband farewell tomorrow night as he is headed to business meetings in Kansas City until Wednesday.

No comments: