Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Healthy Body Challenge Update

I haven't done a post about my healthy body challenge in quite some time. With all of summer's activities and our home remodel, I barely have time to work out. I'm now lucky to go once a week when before I was going 4 or 5 times. I stepped on the scale this morning very warily. With dwindling gym visits, I thought for sure I was doomed. 155.5 read the scale. I haven't gained any weight. *Insert big smiley face*

I get comments all the time from friends and neighbors. When I told My friend Keri that I saw her son at school last week she said, "Oh, I thought I saw you, but I didn't recognize the shrinking woman I saw. I knew it was you after I saw all the little kids you had along with you." Ja yelled from across the street yesterday, "Getting skinny aren't you?" *Insert big smiley face*

I honestly don't remember the last time I weight 155 lbs. Of course, I never weighed myself in high school. I never felt like I needed to. I felt good about myself, I guess, and didn't care to see what the scale thought. I know that after Dade was born my weight hovered at 190 lbs thanks to poor food choices and inactivity. I hope that soon I can stop counting on the scale to either make me feel good or make me feel really bad. Maybe soon I'll be back to those days when I just felt good about myself.

No comments: