Monday, December 6, 2010

Catching Up

I feel terrible that I haven't been keeping up on my blog. I love blogging. I'm just busy all.the.time. Not like I have to go to work all day and then come home and keep a house busy, just always occupied with something. Lots of those somethings are fun somethings (like visits with friends, going to the gym, shopping for Christmas gifts), but many of those somethings are mundane (cleaning up the 100th pile of cat puke, sanitizing the toilet, doing yet another batch of dishes). Now, I'm suffering through a ridiculous cold, a cold so bad I even went to the doctor. I never go to the doctor when I'm sick.

So, here's a quick update on Vescapades events:

I already mentioned that I'm sick. Colby is bowling tonight in my place which makes me really sad because I look forward to bowling night every Monday. Colby has been fantastic the past few days as I lay on the couch contemplating death by snot. (Really, how much snot can one person make? Is it possible I might drown in it?) He came home from work early today to help me out. He took care of the kids and put up the outdoor Christmas lights yesterday.

On Saturday we all went to Omaha to babysit our nephews/cousins Ethan and Kort. I didn't feel bad when we got there, but shortly after we arrived my body started to suffer the effects of this cold. I only hope little Kort isn't a victim of my sickie germs. Kort and Colby were best buddies, and Colby got right back into the groove of caring for a baby.

This week will be filled with fun activities, as long as this Mama can kick this cold. We have two different story times to attend, and our friends Gavin and Reese are coming on Thursday to spend the day again.

No comments: