Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Cricut

Anyone who's into scrapbooking knows what a Cricut machine is: it slices, it dices, it makes die cuts and so forth. It was my only wish for Black Friday: to get a Cricut machine. The line at the craft store wasn't long, and when the doors opened we all rushed for the Cricuts (which were, I might add, $10 cheaper than listed in the ad....SCORE!!). I just noticed as I viewed the photo that follows that I had the cutting mat loaded backward. Awesome. I have a college degree, you know.



My first cuts with my new die cut machine weren't pretty. The paper stuck all over the cutting mat and had to be torn off in little bits. Okay, lesson learned: brand new cutting mat is realllly sticky so only use heavy weight paper for that first cut.



Having learned from my mistake, the next cuts were awesome. The girls and I experienced love at first sight.



I made my sister-in-law a nice birthday card which I failed to give to her while we were at her house on her birthday. That's how I roll: always prepared, never ready.



Perhaps my finest work is this set of letters made at Brody's request for his bedroom door.


I'm sure Colby's glad all his hard-earned money is being put to good use.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I want a cut-out which reads "always prepared, never ready."