Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Merry Christmas 2011!!

'Tis the season to be jolly, and the Vescapades family spent plenty of time doing just that! It was so difficult for us to Christmas shop this season because the kids already have everything!! What do you get for the kids who have it all?

My mom and step-dad got Evelyn a bee bee gun. You can tell by the look on her face that she was thrilled:



Dade got a Kindle from my mom, and he's been using it pretty much constantly ever since:



Soren got the T-Rex pillow pet she'd been "wishing for!!!" from my dad and step-mom:



She named him Tigris.

We got Brody a badass sweatshirt:



We spent Christmas with my mom's side of the family at her house in Norfolk. They just built a brand new shed that's bigger than my house, and it did a pretty good job of containing all the Vescapades energy and hijinks.









Christmas Eve was spent with Colby's parents, as usual. Missing from this year's celebration was Jacob, who is off in Afghanistan serving in the Marines. We indulged in all of the best foods holiday gatherings have to offer. We tortured the kids with taking a million photos before we let them open presents. It was, besides Jake's absence, a pretty typical Christmas Eve. I even made kolaches, which haven't made an appearance at a Vesely Christmas is quite awhile.







Dade was, as usual, happy to get candy as a gift. He's really quite easy to please.


My little nephew let me hold him for about 5 seconds. He greatly prefers Uncle Colby.



Colby's grandmother made quilts for all of the kids, but only the girls were willing to take a decent photo:





The day after Christmas was spent with my dad and step-mom in Seward. Can you imagine how full my dad's house will be once my brothers and sisters start having kids?? Plus, my kids may have kids at the same time as my brothers and sisters, so it'll be a really full house. Santa better get ready.



We definitely feel blessed every year as we make the rounds to each family's house for Christmas. We always come home with a van full of toys and goodies and sleepy kids. And occasionally a dog who tries to snuggle up on a car seat with a kid or two.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I want that baby with the binky.....the one who prefers Colby. Oh my God, that one made my ovaries hurt.