Monday, December 19, 2011

Runzas

One of my favorite local restaurant chains is Runza. I know. Who would want to eat something with the word "runs" in it?? It sounds unappealing.

Runza actually started here in Lincoln, and we have made a commitment to eat at either local businesses or locally-founded chain restarants. However, going out to eat with a family of six is expensive. So, I decided to try to make runzas at home. It was a huge SUCCESS!! They were, I think, even better than the runza sandwiches at the Runza restaurant. Here's the link to the recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/runza-meat-pies/detail.aspx. I added an extra teaspoon of salt, about a teaspoon of garlic, and some shredded cheddar cheese. Yum!!

Two of the kids loved them and ate more than I did:




Dade ate about half of one, and Soren wouldn't even try it. She would've liked it had she tried it. Oh well.

I'll definitely be making these again.

No comments: