Friday, December 19, 2008

Doo, Doo, Doo Lookin' Out My, er, Front Window




Okay, so my title is lame. We got lots of icy rain last night, so the kids didn't have school. It was supposed to be their last day before winter break, but I guess they got an extra day off from Santa. :)

I scraped and scooped half of the driveway this morning. The school called at 5:45 am to tell us that classes were cancelled, so I've been up since then. So has Soren. She spends most of her waking hours fussing if she's not being carried, like she's still 6 months old or something. I took the gate down from our front steps, so today is practice going down the steps day for her. So far, so good. I'm hoping to avoid any major falls or head injuries, but the gate is getting to be more dangerous than helpful. She climbs up onto it and shakes it until it starts to slide away from the wall.

The kids had a great time outside. I think maybe we'll attempt to scoop the other side of the driveway after nap. We've got to get some energy out before Smackdown comes on tonight. Yes, two fun-filled hours of wrestling. Check your local listings. . . or not.

Late addition: I shouldn't be sharing this story, but humor dictates that I must. I was having the kids do some exercises just to get some energy out. I asked Brody if they do any exercises in P.E. He said they do the "12 count burpee." Okay, show me. He begins, "One, two, three," while doing jumping jacks and toe touches. Then, all of the sudden he goes, "Oh crap, I think I pooped my pants!" Who says exercise is good for you? Sidenote: no poop in the pants. I think we should change the name to 12 count fartee.

No comments: