Monday, December 29, 2008

A Harsh Reality

Seriously, ladies and gentlemen, do I look obese? I must have a really skewed version of reality, because I know I'm overweight, but obese? At least that's what my new Wii Fit tells me. I was actually just on the cusp of obese, but obese nonetheless.

Starting today, I am on the Wii Fit workout regimen. I pledge to do 30 minutes 6 times a week. I set a goal to lose 20 pounds in 6 months. That's more than 10% of my body weight, yet sounds doable. Losing 20 lbs. still puts me in the overweight category, but at least I won't be obese anymore.

Labels can be so depressing sometimes. I don't want to focus on the negative labels, though. I'm also a Mom, a Wife, a Feminist, a Friend, a Neighbor, and an Idealist. Along with a new body, I hope to have a refreshed outlook on my life beyond my exterior.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

1. Ignore that label because it's not true. And also: labels are bad.

2. Feel good about who and what you are.

3. Then get cracking on that Wii fit because it will be totally fun; you'll be stronger and working out generally leads to better coping skills.

4. So that the next time some dumbass computer says something stupid, you'll kick it's bootie and move on.