Monday, May 4, 2009

Busy Day




With Colby home for vacation this week, a garden to plant, and a trip for which to pack, today was very busy.

Today, Colby planted our very first garden. I haven't had a garden of my own before, and lacking a green thumb, I am relying on Colby's knowledge of gardening. After careful consideration we decided on the following items to cultivate: cucumbers, tiny pumpkins, kohlrabi, radishes, cherry tomatoes, lemon tomatoes (they're yellow), two kinds of peppers, broccoli (which we thought was cauliflower), some herbs and some sunflowers. It's quite breezy, so our baby tomatoes and peppers are blowing in the wind. I can't wait to see how our little backyard farm progresses. We also put a few small bushes in the front yard.

In other exciting news, Evelyn decided today was the day to get her ears pierced. We were at Southpointe near a Claire's, and Evelyn proudly stated, "I'm ready to get my ears pierced now." I followed up with, "Are you sure? It's gonna hurt, but only a little. It's okay to cry, but you're a big girl." All these statements were really meant for me. Evelyn was great, but I was a wreck. Near tears, I held her hand and rubbed her back. She bravely accepted her sacrifice for beauty and went on with her day.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Wow.

Congrats to E....she looks so cute.

And I am impressed that y'all already have the tomato cages in place. Looks great.

boannedi: a new line of organic snake poison

Sara said...

What a brave Evie and Mommy too! She looks beautiful!!!!