Sunday, May 3, 2009

My B-Day Party





Last night was the night I've been waiting for for 30 years: the best birthday ever!! Colby did a great job making invitations and getting reservations and letting me be crazy on my day. Jim and Jessica came from Le Mars, IA. Jess looked beautiful and brought me two beautiful purses. Sara and Travis came even though they had to drive back to Norfolk at midnight when we girls returned from Barrymore's. Scott and Amber came and had great gifts for the white elephant exchange: Kool-Aid with a pitcher and sugar and also two mugs with a 6 pack of beer. Amanda came, too, and was nice enough to be the designated driver and take the rest of the girls out to the bar after supper. And don't even get me started on supper. . .

We ate at the Green Gateau, the sweetest little restaurant I've ever seen. It's kind of pricey, so it was a very special treat to have everyone there and enjoying bottles of wine, baked brie, bruschetta (with capers - YUM), steak, shrimp, and chocolate desserts. We had such a great time that words really can't describe it. All I really wanted was to sit down and eat a meal, warm and fresh and all mine. Instead, I got three great purses, great wine, warm food, and the best friends I could ever ask for.

Seriously, I wish we could do this all the time. I felt so free. I felt like ME and not like Mom. It was spectacular.

Unfortunately, we were unable to lay sod in the yard. Colby and Dean laid out a spot for a garden, so I'm excited for my first foray into farming.

No comments: