Monday, May 18, 2009

Check Out This Book


Today I also want to share with you the children's book called Uncle Bobby's Wedding. We checked it out from the library and read it today. It tells the story of a little girl whose uncle Bobby is getting married - to a man. I love non-traditional children's books, and this one fits the bill. What I like about it is that I can expose my kids to unconventional ideas of love and marriage so that by the time they grow up the ideas aren't unconventional anymore. Evelyn didn't even mention that it was two guys getting married, although I do think that Brody might when we read it together.

1 comment:

The Coolest Dad said...

Yuckie!
Two guys getting married? Thats just gross.

I very much prefer 'Heather Has Two Mommies'. Now that's some good reading there, I dont care who you are.