Sunday, May 24, 2009

Potty Mouth

I would like to start this entry with a short recap of our day: breakfast with Cody and Kim Meyer, trip to Sam's Club (kill me now), walk to the gas station for ice, farmer's market brats for supper, and a glass of wine on the deck. And I took a little nap. Good day.

Today was also a doozy for Evelyn. I don't know what's gotten into her today, but she has been swearing like this is a rated R movie. Colby swears a lot in front of the kids. I curse, as well, but I'm much more reserved with my choice of four letter words. Here are a few examples of today's quotes:

Colby: Stop fighting with your sister. Go ride your damn scooter.
Evie (to Colby): Go ride your damn bike.

Dade to Colby as Colby enjoys a cigar on the deck: Stop smoking newspaper.
Evie to Colby shortly thereafter: Stop smoking fucking newspaper.


No joke. . . She dropped the F Bomb. I almost choked on my white zin. I was laughing so hard I almost puked. Whenever the kids use inappropriate language, we always say, "That's a grown-up word. Please choose another word." Evelyn still lets one slip every now and then, obviously.

Finally, I must share one last little gem form Evie today. Colby and I sat on the deck this evening, he with his cigar and beer and I with my wine. Evie says, "Daddy, you won the beer and cigaring. Mommy, you won the wine." "And," Colby says, "what did you win Evelyn?" She thinks for a moment and says, "Um, I won crazy!" Yes, you did.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

JT, the child of a champion potty-mouth, has learned to cuss by asking permission to "be sassy." I let it pass, providing it's contextually appropriate and not gratuitous swearing.

I consider that having standards.