Saturday, May 23, 2009

A Trip to the Farmer's Market





In an attempt to buy more locally grown food, we headed off to the downtown farmer's market this morning. It was bustling with people, strollers, vendors, and musicians. We danced to a polka band, sampled lots of goodies, and saw a few friends. I picked out some beautiful white radishes and a bundle of asparagus. Evelyn eyed cupcakes. Colby chose bratwurst. Dade got a huge bag of kettle popcorn. We also got a few loaves of bread and some goat cheese spread to go along.

The morning was sunny, hot, and humid, but no one at the farmer's market seemed to notice. Evelyn was enthralled with all the hustle and bustle, and we thought she might wander off chasing after another child or a pretty butterfly. I saw the most beautiful peonies ever, but I came home without them. I'd much rather see them growing in my yard on a bush than in a vase on the table. I guess that could be the inspiration for my next yard project: peonies.

So with my stomach full of Navajo taco and cupcake, I will retreat to the air-conditioned living room for a little rest. You know me. I hate the heat.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Really love the clematis flowers! They are awesome. Also if I had broccoli like that I would show it off too!

Stacy said...

Wow --- that looks like great fun. I'm with you on the peonies.....every year I plan to plant them then come the fall I forget. Maybe next year.