Friday, August 20, 2010

Date Night

We had a very busy week in the Vescapades home. School started. Workouts and shopping were daily occurrences. Aunt Carrie came to visit. Colby and I had date night.

With four kids it can be hard to find a babysitter. Thank goodness Aunt Carrie was up to the task. Colby and I were off to eat, me wearing very impractical heels which caused my feet to blister almost immediately. With a full tummy and bare feet, I headed over to Paint Yourself Silly with my handsome hubby. He painted a pirate skull, and I painted a business card holder. I will post photos as soon as they are fired in the kiln and ready to go. Since PYS is right next door to Ivanna Cone, how could I resist getting a big bowl of creamy goodness: one scoop of cherry streusal and one scoop of butter pecan latte. Divine. Not only is the ice cream good, but the two guys working were the best guys ever. As much ice cream as I buy there, the employees know me well and often ask me about the kids and how things are going. Both guys commented on how nice I looked and loved my new shirt. Colby always says that the gays love Nichole, and I can't say he's wrong. *smiles* After we were thoroughly painted silly, we headed ShopKo to buy me a pair of flip flops for my sore feet. Then we were off to Libations (a martini bar) for a few drinks.

We were home by 10ish. We are crazy party animals, obviously. Thanks to my lovely husband (and the gay guys who work in the Creamery Building) for making me feel so pretty last night. *more smiles*

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Sounds like fun! Y'all look marvelous!