Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

At the request of a Facebook/elementary school friend, I must post this recipe for the best cookies ever. I'm positive I have posted it before, but I couldn't find it in the blog history. So, here goes. Make a double batch!!

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Beat together:
3/4 c. butter (1 1/2 sticks), please don't use margarine - it isn't the same
1 c. brown sugar
1c. white sugar
1/2 c. peanut butter
2 eggs
2 tsp. real vanilla extract

To this mixture add:
2 1/2 c. flour (I use 1 c. whole wheat and 1 1/2 c. all purpose)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Mixing the dough will surely give your mixture a workout. My big, strong hubby mixes a double batch by hand with a huge wooden spoon. Impressive, but not for the weak. Stir in 1/2 bag of your favorite chocolate chips.

Drop by teaspoonfulls (ha ha - more like ice cream scoop fulls) onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes, just until the bottoms are brown. DO NOT OVERCOOK. The cookies will be kind of gooey. Let them sit on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Thanks, I'm going to give 'em a go tomorrow!