Monday, August 30, 2010

Preschool Update

Now that school has started for the kids, our home preschool has started, as well. Soren isn't as eager to start writing as little Evelyn was. She'd much rather play Boowa and Kwala on the computer. (Thanks for that, Grandma.)

I started with lines. She will be tracing all sorts of lines for the next few weeks: curvy, straight, zig zaggy, etc.


I also bought a few new games and some flashcards to help work on number and letter recognition. Evelyn and Brody both like to use them, as well, so it was surely money well spent. They have even been caught working together. Gasp.

By far Soren's favorite part of the preschool day is when I let her make her own lunch. She loves to make pb & j all by "herslelf." No, that's not a misspelling. It's just cute how she says "myslelf."


I also caught her licking the knife and sticking it back in the peanut butter jar. Note to friends: don't eat peanut butter at our house.


She ate the whole sandwich, as usual. This time she didn't even pull a Brody and tell me that she doesn't "yike this bwead." I swear, if Brody says one more time at a meal that he thinks something is disgusting, he'll be eating liver and onions for a week.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

She looks terribly cute with that sandwich. On the basis of that, I forgive her for licking the knife.