Tuesday, August 24, 2010

We Are the (Sort Of) Champions

My good friend Amanda, her hubby Heath, and her sister April needed a fourth member for their bowling team. April's ex-husband was the former fourth member of the team, and you can imagine how that was working out. Not well.

Along comes Nichole, needing a break from Mommy life. Even though I'm not a great bowler, handicapping keeps the teams all equal. To make a long story short our team, Spare Me, won more games than any other team. Yay! But since we lost the championship game to the team with the second best record (BOO!) we ended up with second place. Oh well. I still got a kickass trophy, and the kids think I'm f-ing awesome.

I love you, Trophy.

Trophy even got to have a whole wheat bagel for breakfast with me. What's that, Trophy? You won't eat Smuckers jelly either? Good thing the Vescapades house has Polaner all fruit spread.


Oh, Trophy. Hopefully Mommy can give you a sibling after the fall league ends. I'll really have to step up my 97 average if I want to do that.

So, if you're looking for me on Monday nights, I'll be at Madsen's bowling for a sibling for Trophy.

No comments: