Thursday, August 19, 2010

Kindergarten Comida

Well, the first day of kindergarten was a bust. Evelyn hated it. They didn't get snack, and I didn't let her eat hot lunch. Oh the horror. She complained that she wanted to eat hot lunch every day, while I countered with every parent's go-to excuse: it's too expensive.

Determined to make day two better, I told her she could have hot lunch. I also enlisted the help of my friend Dede who is a paraeducator at Evie's elementary school. Dede stopped by to check on her and give her a hug.

After school I was excited to see how school went. Good, she said. How was lunch, I ask. And this is where it gets frickin' beautiful....I wanted to say I TOLD YOU SO soooo bad, but I didn't. Evie said, "Their food sucks! I'm eating cold lunch every day."

Mom prevails again.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I feel your pain. Someday I want the child to come home and rave about how great his lunch was.

I live a rich fantasy life.