Monday, November 3, 2008

Dumpster Diving

The boys had a week off from school last week, so today was their first day back. The girls and I do typical girl things - wear pink, paint our nails, gossip, and clean. Dade was really helpful tonight. He actually watched Soren in the backyard for 20 minutes. He did all of his chores, his homework, and didn't complain while I watched Countdown with Keith Olberman! He also practiced his trumpet, which basically involves a single, loud tone for 15 minutes.

Brody washed Soren in the tub. He even got her out and wrapped her in a towel.

Our cat got out the back door today when Evelyn let Jefferson outside to go potty. She didn't even tell me, she just went outside and caught him herself.

Soren helped herself to a sucker stick out of the trashcan, so overall all the kids were really independent today. I swear that Soren is the biggest dumpster diver I've ever seen. She can add sucker stick to the yogurt, pancake, and hotdog she's already scored out of the trash in the past. She also chewed the eraser off of a pencil, but thankfully spit it out. Did I mention she loves dogfood and water from the dogs' bowl? I feed her, really I do.

Turning back the clocks has Soren's sleep schedule all goofy, so she was up at 5am and asleep at 7:30pm. I really don't like getting up before 7am, especially since the boys don't have school until 9am. Oh well. Who needs sleep? I'll just doze off tomorrow afternoon while Soren goes trashcan snacking.

No comments: